1825 establishes London regional office with acquisition of Baigrie Davies
5 April 2016
1825 today announces it has entered into an agreement to acquire Baigrie Davies with assets under advice of around £400m. This follows the recent agreements to acquire Almary Green in East Anglia and Munro Partnership in Scotland.
Baigrie Davies will form 1825's London regional office, with 30 employees, including 11 financial planners and 5 paraplanners. On completion of this acquisition and those of Almary Green and Munro Partnership, Standard Life will have 70 financial planners advising 9,400 clients on £3.0bn of their assets.
Baigrie Davies is a highly respected business with both a Financial Planning business serving private individuals and their families and a Corporate Services business serving employers and their workforces.
Ian Howe, Baigrie Davies' Managing Director, will continue to run the business and will be responsible for 1825's London office. He will also join the 1825 Executive Committee.
On completion, founder Arthur Davies will remain with the business, his co-founder Tom Baigrie will leave to concentrate on his other business LifeSearch, one of the UK's leading protection brokers.
Ian Howe, Baigrie Davies' Managing Director, said:
"Becoming part of 1825 is the natural next phase in the evolution of our business. We've taken Baigrie Davies to a point where we feel more resource is needed to continue to grow the business and provide the best possible proposition and service to our clients. Being able to tap into the scale and resources of 1825 is such a compelling opportunity for our team and our clients".
"Crucially, the 1825 client proposition maintains our total focus on financial planning and improving client outcomes with integrity and in a transparent manner."
Steve Murray, 1825 CEO, said:
"Baigrie Davies is a high quality firm with a team of talented, professional and dedicated individuals. Being one of the early adopters of Standard Life's Wrap platform, we have a long-standing relationship with Baigrie Davies. As a CISI Accredited Planning business, they are extremely well respected within the profession".
"Establishing a further presence in London is important to our ambition of building a financial planning business of significant scale so we're delighted to welcome the Baigrie Davies team to 1825".
The transaction is expected to complete in Q3 2016 subject to certain conditions being satisfied, including receipt of regulatory approvals.
For further information, contact:
0131 245 2504
Notes to editors
About Standard Life
- Since launching in 2006, Standard Life Wrap has helped advisers transform their service to clients and adapt to the changing regulatory landscape. Standard Life Wrap has been adopted by over 1,400 financial advice and wealth management firms and serves over 190,000 customers.
- Total Standard Life Wrap platform assets under administration are £25.5bn and, in 2015, the platform achieved record net inflows of £4.4bn, up 27% on the previous year.
- For the second year in a row, Standard Life Wrap was named “Platform of the Year 2015” and voted “Best Platform Provider (AUM over £12.5 billion)” by the adviser community at the prestigious Aberdeen UK Platform Awards. At the same ceremony, Standard Life Wrap won the award for “Best Use of Platform Technology” with partners FNZ, and advisers voted Standard Life Wrap the “Best Platform for Adviser Service”.
- Standard Life is an investment company with over 190 years’ experience of helping people invest and manage their money.
- Standard Life employs around 6,500 people internationally – through businesses in the UK, Europe, North America, Asia and Australia.
- Around 4.5 million customers and clients across 46 countries trust Standard Life with their financial future. Standard Life is responsible for the administration of £307 billion of their assets, with Standard Life Investments, actively managing £253 billion of these assets globally. Standard Life also supports over 25 million customers through Indian and Chinese associate and joint venture businesses.
- Standard Life plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange with around 1.2 million individual shareholders and is one of the top 500 companies worldwide, by revenue, as listed in the 2015 Fortune Global 500.
- Wherever Standard Life operates in the world, it is motivated by a sense of responsibility helping to build a long-term sustainable business. Standard Life is proud to be listed as a leader for corporate sustainability in its industry in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI World and DJSI Europe).
- You can follow Standard Life on www.twitter.com/StandardLifeplc
All figures in notes to editors are at 31 December 2015 unless stated otherwise
- The AXA Group is a worldwide leader in insurance and asset management, with 166,000 employees serving 103 million clients in 64 countries. In 2015, IFRS revenues amounted to Euro 99.0 billion and IFRS underlying earnings to Euro 5.6 billion. AXA had Euro 1,363 billion assets under management as of December 31, 2015. In 2015 Interbrand ranked AXA the 1st insurance brand worldwide for the 7th consecutive year.
- In the UK AXA operates through a number of business units including: AXA Wealth, AXA Insurance, AXA PPP healthcare, AXA Ireland and an independent distribution business Bluefin. AXA employs over 10,500 staff in the UK.
- The AXA ordinary share is listed on compartment A of Euronext Paris under the ticker symbol CS (ISN FR 0000120628 – Bloomberg: CS FP – Reuters: AXAF.PA). AXA’s American Depository Share is also quoted on the OTC QX platform under the ticker symbol AXAHY.
- The AXA Group is included in the main international SRI indexes, such as Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) and FTSE4GOOD.
- It is a founding member of the UN Environment Programme’s Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) Principles for Sustainable Insurance and a signatory of the UN Principles for Responsible Investment.
- The wrap platform, Elevate, supports over 1,500 financial advice and wealth management firms in managing SIPPs, ISAs and other investments. It serves over 160,000 customers, providing access to over 5,000 funds from over 130 fund managers. Elevate has £9.8bn of assets under administration and has consistently delivered gross inflows in excess of £2bn p.a. since 2010.
- Elevate offers the ‘superclean’ share classes for Architas funds, which will also be added to the Standard Life platform to ensure this preferential pricing for Architas funds is consistent for advisers.
- The platform was voted “Best Platform Provider (AUM up to £12.5 billion)” by advisers at the Aberdeen UK Platform Awards 2015. Elevate also won the Aberdeen “Platform of the Year” award in 2013.