Cookies are small text files, which often include a unique identifier that is sent by a web server to your computer, mobile phone or any other internet enabled device (“device”) when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work efficiently and help provide us with business and marketing information to enable us to make informed decisions on the development of our websites. We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We use three main types of cookies:
- ‘Performance’ cookies
- ‘Identification’ cookies
- ‘Targeting’ cookies.
1. ‘Performance’ cookies are used to help us see how you use our Website e.g. which pages you visit. These cookies don't collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve the performance of our Website, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is. We use performance cookies to analyse the performance of our Website, to help us improve the Website by measuring any errors that occur and to see how effective our adverts are (this isn’t shared with 3rd parties). Sometimes cookies are managed for us by third parties, but we don’t allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above. By using our Website, you accept the use of ‘Performance’ cookies.
2. ‘Identification’ cookies are used to help us customize website content based upon your selections. We use identification cookies to remember choices you have made such as identifying yourself as an IFA or Adviser, to show you when you’re logged in to the website and to target you with adverts on other websites. You can control whether or not these cookies are used, but preventing them may mean you are unable to access certain features or services. Preventing these cookies may stop us remembering that you didn't want a specific feature or service. By using our Website you accept the use of 'Identification' cookies.
At any point, you have the right to request that we do not process your personal information for any marketing purposes.
You can opt-out of the Google Display Advertising Features and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ad Settings. As an added privacy measure, you can also use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. However, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this Website.
To remove other cookies from your PC, you can use these guides:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835#/en-us/kb/278835
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?locale=en_GB
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Cookie Directive: http://www.ico.gov.uk
- Information about cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- Internet Advertising Bureau: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu
We utilise a number of different cookie variations that serve a number of different functions. These tables identify the types of cookies that we use and why we use them.
Google Analytics Premium
This Website uses Google® Analytics Premium, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited (“Google”). Google Analytics Premium uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the Website interact with how users use the Website. On behalf of the operator of this Website Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on Website activity and providing other services relating to Website activity and internet usage to the Website operator. The IP address collected through Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
Google is a registered trademark of Google, Inc. Google, Inc. is not affiliated with Standard Life Aberdeen group, nor does it sponsor or endorse Standard Life Aberdeen group products or services.
Use of Google Analytics Premium
In order to improve our users’ experience, we may use Google Analytics features such as Remarketing, DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and/or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting (Google Display Advertising Features).
Information collected by our cookies will not personally identify you. It does, however, identify your computer and connection to the Internet. We only collect general information about your computer settings, connection to the Internet (e.g. operating system and platform), IP address, browsing patterns, and interactions within our Website.
With regards to Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, we may use data from Google's Interest-based advertising and/or third party audience data (e.g. age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to target and optimise our marketing campaigns, strategies and our Website content.
Videos on this website are hosted in QUMU, a software service that provides tools to create, manage, secure, distribute and measure use of on demand video. Performance and identification cookies are used.
QUMU also makes use of a cookie from a third party called Cloudflare which helps detect malicious visitors to their website and minimizes blocking legitimate users.
Cookies we use
The table below summarises the cookies we use on this site to help make sure our website delivers information and services securely.
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Microsoft .Net||General purpose platform session cookie, used by sites written with Miscrosoft .NET based technologies. Usually used to maintain an anonymised user session by the server.||Session|
|Google Analytics||_ga||Tracking cookie for analytics.js. Used to distinguish users.||After 2 years|
|Google Analytics||_gat_UA||Tracking cookie for analytics.js. Used to throttle request rate.||After 10 mins|
|Google Analytics||_gid||Tracking cookie for analytics.js. Used to distinguish users.||24 hrs|
|QUMU||JSESSIONID||Session cookie to identify a unique visit||Session|
|QUMU||KV_CLIENT_SESSION_ID||Used for tracking in reporting||Session|
|QUMU||I18next||Used to indicate preferred language for use with the video||Session|
|Cloudflare||_cfduid||Detects malicious visitors to the QUMU website and minimizes blocking legitimate users. It may be placed on the devices of End Users to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and to apply security settings on a per-client basis. Read more about this cookie.||After 1 year|
Changes to this policy
Please be aware that this Policy may be updated at any time. As such, please ensure that you regularly read the latest version of this page.
A cookie is information that a web server stores on your hard disk so that it allows a website to store your preferences on your machine and later retrieve it.
An IP address is a 32-binary digit number that identifies each sender or receiver of information that is sent in packets across the Internet.
A session is a series of interactions between two communication end points that occur during the span of a single connection and is related to a particular session number.